@Allsocks_: Challenges that come with Not Wearing Socks
It’s a choice to wear or not wear socks. It’s also a choice to accept the problems that come with not wearing them.
Wearing socks helps to keep the feet and body warm. Socks helps to keep the feet clean as they don’t have to contact your shoe’s interior. Socks helps to keep your feet warm, preserve your shoes, and ensure that they don’t produce offensive odour that can be quite embarrassing.
Let’s examine white sneakers for example; wearing sneakers without socks rots your shoes from the inside. One would easily agree that keeping the outer part of the sneakers clean can actually be a tough struggle, and then imagine how terrible it gets when you’re sweating through the inside. Keeping the inner part of your sneakers clean can be tougher most especially when you don’t wear socks.
Some say their feet looks better in their pair of sneakers when they go socks-less. However, for several reasons like previously mentioned, it will always be a bad idea to wear sneakers without socks, ‘cos no matter how you try, or how much Febreze you spray on them, your sneakers will stink when you don’t wear socks…so save the world of some offensive odour.
Also, when you wear sneakers for such a long time without wearing socks, the cushions on the inside will absorb all of the moisture from your sweaty feet, creating the odour.
When you wear sneakers without socks, they’ll change colour pretty fast, that’s why you suddenly realize that the inner part of your sneakers begins to change from white to brown or grey. On the other hand, this might also be due to regular wear and tear.
In conclusion, the point is that the combination of sweat, moisture, and the lack of ventilation doesn’t help your shoes, especially sneakers.
Allsocks is providing 30% discount in continuation of #BlackFriday, log on to allsocks.com.ng now and order for socks with amazing designs and quality.
@allsocks_ on Twitter.
A Million and One Reasons Why a lady Must Wear Panty-Hoses – @allsocks_
Hello ladies, that product you all have been calling our customer care line for is now a click away from you. The same way we don’t compromise on the quality and speed of delivery of our men’s socks, we can’t afford to do otherwise for any reason.
Of all the many reasons why every lady must wear panty hose, we have packaged a few together. We hope you find them interesting and in case you have more, please drop them in the comment box below.
- When you wear any kind of skirt as a lady, panty hose will ensure your legs are warmer than naked skin. Also, panty hose keeps you warmer than leaving your legs bare, especially when you wear skirt.
- Aside from keeping the legs warm, panty hose help to conceal a lot of shortcomings. When you are keen on covering bumps, pimples, veins, roll of fats, unshaven legs, you need several panty hose in your wardrobe. Many have details on the legs and thighs they’d rather not show to all wandering eyes, in such a case, panty hose becomes handy. If you really don’t want to see those rolls of rat on your leg, then others don’t either, pick nice panty hose and save yourself the drama and embarrassment.
- You may not have the time to get rid of the little imperfections on your leg, never mind, use panty hose to add beauty to those legs of yours.
- You might be going for an official meeting and you don’t want your nice tattoos to show up, panty hose becomes your friend
- Panty hose helps your shoes fit better. With panty hose on, your feet don’t get all sweaty, so it doesn’t stick to your shoes.
- With panty hose, you avoid having blisters on your feet when you wear a new pair of shoes, you will agree that these blisters makes walking very painful and uncomfortable.
- Panty hose are actually sexy, they have a way of adding a touch of beauty and mystery to a lady’s legs. They have an amazing way of smoothing out your figure; they make your new dress slip smoothly over your sexy figure. Gosh!
- Panty hose have a way of making you look more professional, well-dressed, pulled-together, sophisticated, and elegant, all at the same time.
- If you really don’t like shaving your leg, with panty hose, your legs don’t have to be always smooth or shaved, shiny and hairless. Once you put your panty hoses on you are simply covered.
- Panty hose gives you opportunity to accessorize, you can turn to colored hose and patterned stockings as another way to add style and elegance to any outfit.
- Did you know that you could match the colour of your panty hose with your dress or that of your hair, allowing your outfit to extend all the way down to your toes?
- When you wear a nice pair of panty hose you will discover that they make your legs look sexier and thinner, giving the leg and entire body a better shape.
- Don’t waste any more time ladies, allsocks.com.ng have high quality panty hose you can’t resist.
@allsocks_ on Twitter
Did You Know That Your Smelly Socks Attract Mosquitoes? – @Allsocks_
Last Saturday, during the #Allsocks class which holds on Twitter between the hours of 9am & 10am, we discussed something interesting and also quite embarrassing. Yeah embarrassing…you want to hazard a guess? We discussed smelly socks.
Have fun going through the tweets.
- Socks become unpleasantly smelly when they have been used over a long time without washing.
- This odour is actually a mixture of ammonia, fatty acid and lactic acid.
- However, scientists have realized that the mixture of ammonia, fatty and lactic acid doesn’t give the exact odour like the real sweaty socks.
- So the research continues with the hope that some other active ingredient will be identified
- This odour results from bacterial action upon sweat when you wear a closed shoe for a long time.
- Smelly socks can be very nasty source of air contamination especially on the plane or in the home.
- While you may consider the odour from smelly socks as irritating, they always remain a strong attraction to dogs and mosquitoes.
- Smelly socks attract mosquitoes: in case mosquitoes don’t leave your room after all effort, you might want to put your socks close to your nose.
- Since the smell from smelly socks attracts mosquitoes, the odour has been explored to control them in places where malaria is prevalent.
- Smelly socks are actually used to control the behaviour of animals that are fascinated by them.
- It’s important to know that a couple of wild animals like the bear are attracted to the strong odour from the socks.
- So watch out when next you are in the zoo. Don’t say we didn’t tell you. LOL.
- Amazingly, smelly socks odour has been used in building air treatment systems called “jock socks odour” same as “dirty socks syndrome”
- Products have been designed to manage the problem of smelly socks. Some police in England use stink-proof locker to keep socks of prisoners while in custody.
- But instead of stressing the world with smelly socks, you can simply wash them to avoid “wahala” and embarrassment.
- Most times the lack of enough socks in the wardrobe is responsible for prolonged use of the available. Get more today on allsocks.com.ng that’s our assignment.
- The odour from foot and socks has been used by the University of Wageningen to bait, trap and divert mosquitoes from biting people.
- A project funded by Grand Challenges Canada and theBill & Melinda Gates Foundation involves harvesting smelly socks odour with cotton to be used as bait traps. Imagine!
- Dogs are strongly attracted to the scent of socks worn by humans; this attraction is being used in dog training where the smelly socks may serve as a lure during training.
- So if you are doing a research or making money from your smelly socks, biko find time to wash them and save mankind of odurs. Lol
- Join again next week by 9am for another edition of #Allsocks class where we discuss another interesting topic related to socks.
@allsocks_ on Twitter
@Allsocks_ AT 5
A journey of a thousand miles starts with a step.
6 years ago, between April and May 2009, the idea of selling socks as a means of survival as an undergraduate came into my mind, after researching and planning, we sold our first set of socks on the 8th August, 2009. After which we then decided to go a step further by registering a business name, which we did successfully. On the 14th of January 2010, “All Socks Nigeria” came to live – fully registered, with the trade name “Allsocks”, today the rest like they say is history, by God’s enablement and with the help of many friends including our staffs, Allsocks is officially five years today.
Today we don’t only run the first and only online socks store in Nigeria – www.allsocks.com.ng we have customized socks for schools like Laurel school, Babes World Int’l, Rehoboth kiddies among others and clothe lines like Outspok’n Clothier etc.
Looking at the Journey so far, most especially where it all started, the achievement the brand has recorded, and the pending dreams yet to be translated into reality, we can’t but thank God almighty for wisdom and the grace provided us when we were going through those hard times and the good times, especially with the successful launching of our online store.
You would agree with me that it is not an easy task starting and running a new line of business in Nigeria, but God’s grace made it possible. The story of our company will be incomplete without mentioning names like Oladotun Olaiya, who initially handed over a pair of socks to me after he returned from a trip to the UK, those pairs birthed the idea of selling and producing socks in Nigeria; Adeyinka Adefila, for giving the name “Allsocks”; Remi Jolaosho, for our logo and branding us well; Mr and Mrs Gladstone Awoniyi, for designing our socks and those deep words of advice; J.J Omojuwa and Lanre Olagunju for the constant mentions and retweets on Twitter and other social media platforms; Rev. Wale Akinronbi, Pastor Tunde Adisa and Rev. Sam Adeyemi and the entire pastorate of Daystar Christian Center for their teachings; my mentor Engr Toyin Adeyinka; and our Team Head for operations and marketing, Femi Adewunmi.
To our clients and business partners like Outspok’n Clothier (our first ever client), Laurel Schools, Rehoboth Kiddies, Babes World International, konga, Jumia, Adibba, SME market hub amongst others, we say a big thank you.
To all our online customers, our wholesalers and friends that stood by us we sincerely can’t thank you enough.
Lastly to my entire family, you guys are the best family ever, and to my late but dearest sister, Yemisi Akigbogun, I miss you big time, may you soul rest in perfect peace.
Thank you all for being a part of our success story we would not have done it without you.
To celebrate our fifth year anniversary (Allsocks at 5) we are declaring 30% sales on our online store www.allsocks.com.ng, from today 14th of January, 2015 to 31st of January, 2015.
CEO All Socks Nigeria.