Pantyhose are made of delicate nylon fabric that covers you from the toes to the waist. They are also notorious for ripping and running when you try to handle them, but once you successfully get them on, they can make your outfit look elegant. Some customers have complained to us that while putting on their pantyhose on for the first time, it gets torn. So we have decided to look into how these can be better handled, essentially because the pantyhose is of high quality.
There is a “how” to everything. There are techniques you should engage when putting on your pantyhose. Using the proper technique to put on pantyhose will extend the life of your hosiery and ensure a smooth, comfortable fit. For starters, always choose the right size. Just like you won’t ordinarily get a shoe or trouser that’s not your size, always get your fit. Choose the type that caters for your personal preferences, providing you with the look and comfort level you want. All pantyhose are designed such that the top part fits like your regular pants, so the pantyhose don’t fall down.
Wearing your exact size ensures that the pantyhose is hugging your shape, creating a slimmer silhouette. Wearing a size that fit also ensures that while putting the hose on it doesn’t get torn or worn out easily. Do well to check our online store – Allsocks.com.ng for the perfect size that is best for you.
The amount of “control” in the top part of the pantyhose varies from high control to none. So be mindful of a size that caters for your personal preferences. Sincerely that can’t be over emphasized. Shoes like they say are in sizes, same goes for the waist too you know! Lol.
There are types of pantyhose; control-top pantyhose have built-in underwear that fits tightly around the midsection. If you’re so interested in smoothing out your curves, the control-top pantyhose might be the right option for you. However, it is important to clearly state that many ladies find control-top pantyhose uncomfortably tight. The regular pantyhose have a simpler construction and aren’t meant to provide extra support around your midsection.
If you don’t want to change the look of your shape, it is advisable to opt for the regular standard pantyhose instead of the control top pantyhose. It is also important to decide on level of sheerness you want. In terms of sheerness, Pantyhose ranges from very (or “ultra) sheer to opaque, and the different levels of sheerness result in different final looks.
If you pick very sheer pantyhose that match your skin tone, it might not look like you’re actually wearing pantyhose at all. Opaque pantyhose have a much more noticeable appearance.
It is very vital to bear in mind that if you want to prevent your new or even old pantyhose from tearing, be gentle on them. Remember they are made from delicate nylon fabric. It is also important to always get a size that is perfect for you to reduce the risk of tearing.
@Allsocks_ on Twitter
- Pantyhose is often called tights in the United Kingdom, some other countries call it sheer hosiery.
- They are close-fitting leg wear, which cover the wearer’s body from the waist to the feet.
- Panty hose is considered to be a woman’s/ girl’s garment, it appeared in the 1960s as a convenient alternative to stockings.
- Panty hose has remained an alternative to stockings and control panties. They are also gradually replacing girdles.
- Pantyhose are usually made of nylon, or fabrics blended with nylon. They are designed to be attractive in appearance.
- Panty hose does a good job at hiding physical imperfections such as blemishes, bruises, scars, hair or varicose veins.
- As a lady Panty Hose helps you solve the problem of revealing panty lines.
- Besides being worn for fashion, in Western societies, pantyhose are sometimes worn by women as part of formal dress.
- Panty hose looks sexier and stylish on the wearer when they are chosen carefully, but when they are wrongfully selected they can make you look like you stepped out of a time warp from the 80’s.
- It is always better to go for sheer nude hose that matches the skin tone.
- Panty hose are actually sexy; they have a way of adding a touch of beauty and mystery to a lady’s legs.
- With panty hose, you avoid having blisters on your feet when you wear a new pair of shoes.
- Pantyhose have a way of smoothing out your figure; they make your dress slip smoothly over your sexy figure. Gosh!
- Please don’t even think about “suntan” pantyhose unless that’s your actual skin tone! (Come on, who tans their legs only?) OK?!
- Always buy the sheerest hose you can find. Nude hose should be like the foundation you wear on your face: invisible, but enhancing.
- Allsocks.com.ng offer lots of nude shades to choose from so you should be able to find a perfect match for your skin.
- Many say I have great legs, so why wear panty hose? The truth is that great legs look better when they are being showed off in nice pantyhose.
- You can always Log on to Allsocks.com.ng to get the best quality panty hose that suits your skin
- For the love of everything good. Always remember – NO pantyhose with open toe shoes! It is a NO-NO.
- You could get your quality Panty hose on allsocks.com.ng so check our online store for beautiful designs today.
@allsocks_ on Twitter
Hello ladies, that product you all have been calling our customer care line for is now a click away from you. The same way we don’t compromise on the quality and speed of delivery of our men’s socks, we can’t afford to do otherwise for any reason.
Of all the many reasons why every lady must wear panty hose, we have packaged a few together. We hope you find them interesting and in case you have more, please drop them in the comment box below.
- When you wear any kind of skirt as a lady, panty hose will ensure your legs are warmer than naked skin. Also, panty hose keeps you warmer than leaving your legs bare, especially when you wear skirt.
- Aside from keeping the legs warm, panty hose help to conceal a lot of shortcomings. When you are keen on covering bumps, pimples, veins, roll of fats, unshaven legs, you need several panty hose in your wardrobe. Many have details on the legs and thighs they’d rather not show to all wandering eyes, in such a case, panty hose becomes handy. If you really don’t want to see those rolls of rat on your leg, then others don’t either, pick nice panty hose and save yourself the drama and embarrassment.
- You may not have the time to get rid of the little imperfections on your leg, never mind, use panty hose to add beauty to those legs of yours.
- You might be going for an official meeting and you don’t want your nice tattoos to show up, panty hose becomes your friend
- Panty hose helps your shoes fit better. With panty hose on, your feet don’t get all sweaty, so it doesn’t stick to your shoes.
- With panty hose, you avoid having blisters on your feet when you wear a new pair of shoes, you will agree that these blisters makes walking very painful and uncomfortable.
- Panty hose are actually sexy, they have a way of adding a touch of beauty and mystery to a lady’s legs. They have an amazing way of smoothing out your figure; they make your new dress slip smoothly over your sexy figure. Gosh!
- Panty hose have a way of making you look more professional, well-dressed, pulled-together, sophisticated, and elegant, all at the same time.
- If you really don’t like shaving your leg, with panty hose, your legs don’t have to be always smooth or shaved, shiny and hairless. Once you put your panty hoses on you are simply covered.
- Panty hose gives you opportunity to accessorize, you can turn to colored hose and patterned stockings as another way to add style and elegance to any outfit.
- Did you know that you could match the colour of your panty hose with your dress or that of your hair, allowing your outfit to extend all the way down to your toes?
- When you wear a nice pair of panty hose you will discover that they make your legs look sexier and thinner, giving the leg and entire body a better shape.
- Don’t waste any more time ladies, allsocks.com.ng have high quality panty hose you can’t resist.
@allsocks_ on Twitter
Last Saturday, during the #Allsocks class which holds on Twitter between the hours of 9am & 10am, we discussed something interesting and also quite embarrassing. Yeah embarrassing…you want to hazard a guess? We discussed smelly socks.
Have fun going through the tweets.
- Socks become unpleasantly smelly when they have been used over a long time without washing.
- This odour is actually a mixture of ammonia, fatty acid and lactic acid.
- However, scientists have realized that the mixture of ammonia, fatty and lactic acid doesn’t give the exact odour like the real sweaty socks.
- So the research continues with the hope that some other active ingredient will be identified
- This odour results from bacterial action upon sweat when you wear a closed shoe for a long time.
- Smelly socks can be very nasty source of air contamination especially on the plane or in the home.
- While you may consider the odour from smelly socks as irritating, they always remain a strong attraction to dogs and mosquitoes.
- Smelly socks attract mosquitoes: in case mosquitoes don’t leave your room after all effort, you might want to put your socks close to your nose.
- Since the smell from smelly socks attracts mosquitoes, the odour has been explored to control them in places where malaria is prevalent.
- Smelly socks are actually used to control the behaviour of animals that are fascinated by them.
- It’s important to know that a couple of wild animals like the bear are attracted to the strong odour from the socks.
- So watch out when next you are in the zoo. Don’t say we didn’t tell you. LOL.
- Amazingly, smelly socks odour has been used in building air treatment systems called “jock socks odour” same as “dirty socks syndrome”
- Products have been designed to manage the problem of smelly socks. Some police in England use stink-proof locker to keep socks of prisoners while in custody.
- But instead of stressing the world with smelly socks, you can simply wash them to avoid “wahala” and embarrassment.
- Most times the lack of enough socks in the wardrobe is responsible for prolonged use of the available. Get more today on allsocks.com.ng that’s our assignment.
- The odour from foot and socks has been used by the University of Wageningen to bait, trap and divert mosquitoes from biting people.
- A project funded by Grand Challenges Canada and theBill & Melinda Gates Foundation involves harvesting smelly socks odour with cotton to be used as bait traps. Imagine!
- Dogs are strongly attracted to the scent of socks worn by humans; this attraction is being used in dog training where the smelly socks may serve as a lure during training.
- So if you are doing a research or making money from your smelly socks, biko find time to wash them and save mankind of odurs. Lol
- Join again next week by 9am for another edition of #Allsocks class where we discuss another interesting topic related to socks.
@allsocks_ on Twitter
Today we would be discussing some nice tips on how to properly store your socks and that of a little baby. This cute and adorable piece of clothing can be easily misplaced when washing, drying or when not properly stored. And it can be annoying when you need to find a matching pair of socks to put on your baby and it is nowhere to be found. Or you discover as a mother that your baby’s socks drawer has more single socks without a mate than pairs of socks.
Even as an adult, it happens more often as student though, that either a left or right leg of your socks keep developing wings or they fly away to unknown destinations. It can be annoying and irritating at the same time when you have set your mind on a particular design and colour to match your outfit and then it can’t be found. When this happen from time to time you suddenly realize that you have a trailer load of single leg socks in your wardrobe.
Anyone who has ever been in this situation knows that pausing to find the mate to a sock, while dressing yourself or a baby, is not the easiest of chores, most especially when you are late for an outing or engagement.
Sincerely it can be pretty hard to prevent the missing socks syndrome like a customer once said. Anyways, there are tips that can be used for storing and keeping baby/adult socks so that they are easy to find and grab.
- Safety pin matching socks together before they go into the laundry. This way the socks’ mates stay together and can be put directly into the sock drawer safely pinned together.
- To avoid missing socks pair, fold the socks so that one socks ends up in the other. This will keep pairs of socks together in the socks drawer.
- Keep your socks together when washing and drying in the washing machine. The truth is that when you are careless about your socks you will spend more time looking for them.
- The best thing you can do when you lose a sock is to create an orphanage for lost sock. Just in case you later find the other pair. When you find one solo, just store it in a separate place, hopefully it will be reunited with its lost brother or sister later.
- Sometimes, socks slips between the drum of the washing machine and the wash basket and then gets trapped in the pump. A major reason why we lose our socks is because they get lost inside the washing machine, but when you pin them together you are good. Pin your socks together before throwing them in the machine, else you risk the possibility of losing them to the washing machine holes.
#AllSocks Twitter Class.
- There is something quite trendy in men’s fashion today. It’s the style for coloured socks. #Allsocks
- Many have been asking; “must your socks match the colour of your shoe, socks, neck wear, shirt or other piece of dress.” #Allsocks
- Well, the truth is wearing coloured socks require a little care. Once care is taken you are good to rock the coloured socks. #Allsocks
- The style of wearing the same colour of socks that matches your shoe or trouser is as long as 100 years back. #Allsocks
- Some have asked “can you always wear your bright coloured socks at all times”. #Allsocks
- Well the truth is that it depends. If you are thinking of a serious business outfit you might want to be careful like if you are going for an interview for instance. #Allsocks
- These bright colour socks might not fit for a somber occasion like a funeral. #Allsocks
- When it comes to showing off your individuality you could rock cooured socks as it suits you. But when it comes to showing respect and fitting in, caution must be taken. #Allsocks
- But like they say men are in sizes, and a few men are exceptions to the rule. These ones can confidently wear custom-tailored suits with red or any other bright socks. That’s making a statement. #Allsocks
- The business suit with colored socks is a look that says “Yes, I know the rules, and I’m confident enough and care enough about to break it anyway, because it’s more fun for me. Deal with it” #Allsocks
- If you’re not in a suit-and-tie formality sort of situation, you GENERALLY have the option of wearing colored socks if you want to. #Allsocks
- If you are not in the category mentioned in the tweet number 10 you must be careful not to throw them on with anything — but there’s usually a way to make it work. #Allsocks
- Use the bright socks to liven up a simple outfit, when you want extra color-coordination. #Allsocks
- Usually the rule about matching socks is that any neutral colour will do fine. But bright socks aint natural they are contrast. So you’ve got to plan it. And carry it with swag. #Allsocks
- But I will be nice enough to share with you some tips and guidelines for making the idea work well #Allsocks
- Note that when matching your outfit, they should be in coordinate with the rest of the outfit. #Allsocks
- Note that “coordinate” doesn’t mean “match” — your socks doesn’t have to be the exact color as any other piece of clothing on your body. #Allsocks
- For the business men who are conservative, it is nice if there’s some natural sympathy, so be thinking in terms of colors that work well together. #Allsocks
- It’s always cool if your socks fit into the same general theme as the rest of your outfit. #Allsocks
- To do that simply pick out one of the colors from your shirt or jacket pattern, and wear a socks with a similar shade #Allsocks
- See coordination doesn’t have to be something people consciously notice — their eyes will see it as a “good match” even if they don’t think about it themselves #Allsocks
- What is “Contrast” in #mensFashion? #Allsocks
- Fashion experts say we all have some contrast, both in our natural complexions and in our outfits. #Allsocks
- But it’s safer to roughly have the same amount of contrast throughout your whole appearance #Allsocks
- For instance if your upper half is very subtle and low-contrast I.e — a jacket in the same color but a slightly different shade as the shirt under it…
- …in such a case, you don’t want eye-popping color changes on the lower half. It’s that simple! #Allsocks
- Try to keep the contrast between your trousers and your socks at about the same level as the contrast between the trousers and the shirt #Allsocks
- If you cautiously keep at that, people will only be seeing the same basic visual impression all the way up your body. #Allsocks
- Also ensure that you have a couple of socks to choose from that work well with multiple outfits. You see why you need to log on to allsocks.com.ng to order. #Allsocks
- Do you want to try out wearing bright coloured socks that don’t match your trousers, what are you waiting for…get on allsocks.com.ng to get your coloured socks. #Allsocks
***To learn more about how your socks affects your outfit, join our Twitter class every Saturday between 9 and 10 am via @allsocks_ or through the hash-tag #Allsocks .
A journey of a thousand miles starts with a step.
6 years ago, between April and May 2009, the idea of selling socks as a means of survival as an undergraduate came into my mind, after researching and planning, we sold our first set of socks on the 8th August, 2009. After which we then decided to go a step further by registering a business name, which we did successfully. On the 14th of January 2010, “All Socks Nigeria” came to live – fully registered, with the trade name “Allsocks”, today the rest like they say is history, by God’s enablement and with the help of many friends including our staffs, Allsocks is officially five years today.
Today we don’t only run the first and only online socks store in Nigeria – www.allsocks.com.ng we have customized socks for schools like Laurel school, Babes World Int’l, Rehoboth kiddies among others and clothe lines like Outspok’n Clothier etc.
Looking at the Journey so far, most especially where it all started, the achievement the brand has recorded, and the pending dreams yet to be translated into reality, we can’t but thank God almighty for wisdom and the grace provided us when we were going through those hard times and the good times, especially with the successful launching of our online store.
You would agree with me that it is not an easy task starting and running a new line of business in Nigeria, but God’s grace made it possible. The story of our company will be incomplete without mentioning names like Oladotun Olaiya, who initially handed over a pair of socks to me after he returned from a trip to the UK, those pairs birthed the idea of selling and producing socks in Nigeria; Adeyinka Adefila, for giving the name “Allsocks”; Remi Jolaosho, for our logo and branding us well; Mr and Mrs Gladstone Awoniyi, for designing our socks and those deep words of advice; J.J Omojuwa and Lanre Olagunju for the constant mentions and retweets on Twitter and other social media platforms; Rev. Wale Akinronbi, Pastor Tunde Adisa and Rev. Sam Adeyemi and the entire pastorate of Daystar Christian Center for their teachings; my mentor Engr Toyin Adeyinka; and our Team Head for operations and marketing, Femi Adewunmi.
To our clients and business partners like Outspok’n Clothier (our first ever client), Laurel Schools, Rehoboth Kiddies, Babes World International, konga, Jumia, Adibba, SME market hub amongst others, we say a big thank you.
To all our online customers, our wholesalers and friends that stood by us we sincerely can’t thank you enough.
Lastly to my entire family, you guys are the best family ever, and to my late but dearest sister, Yemisi Akigbogun, I miss you big time, may you soul rest in perfect peace.
Thank you all for being a part of our success story we would not have done it without you.
To celebrate our fifth year anniversary (Allsocks at 5) we are declaring 30% sales on our online store www.allsocks.com.ng, from today 14th of January, 2015 to 31st of January, 2015.
CEO All Socks Nigeria.